Friday, November 6, 2009

Not much new on this end. Alex did go in for chemo yesterday. The doctor says Alex is doing really well despite some of the side effects. Alex has had a hard time sleeping the last two weeks. He can't seem to sleep for more than 4 hours. Hopefully this will get better as we taper off the Prednisone next week. Alex is still running and eating so that is all good. We are scheduled to have a PET CT scan at the end of next week. That will determine whether or not he is in remission. Let's all pray that the scan will show no cancer. After the scan, we have to wait until his blood counts are high enough to start the next phase of chemo. So far blood counts have been good which means his immune system is not too suppressed. Still worried about crowds of people and the flu so we don't go out much.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sister Lew! My mother mentioned that you were wanting our contact information and would like to get together sometime, and especially see our babies! It would be great to see some friends from HK. I see that you're worried about the flu and such, so just let me know when you want to get together. I am glad to see that things are going relatively well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lily I found your blog and am happy to hear the updates. My parents fill me in when they hear how is progress is coming along. I'm so happy that he's outside running! I hope you are all doing well, and would love to see you soon. Tell Alex we are thinking of him, I've got my Livestrong band on! :)

    ReplyDelete